The Yoga 2 Hear Antenatal and Postnatal Yoga Instructor teacher training course has been devised to provide personalised, in-depth, easy to follow tuition. The course delivers all the knowledge and skills required to teach safe and effective yoga classes, courses and workshops during pregnancy and the postnatal period. The course has been assessed and rated by the World Yoga Alliance as Excellent. It has been mapped to the CIMSPA professional standards for antenatal and postnatal exercise and provides 10 CIMSPA CPD points.
How the Learning Takes Place
The course offers self-paced flexible online learning. It is structured around a course textbook, six audio practise sessions, four live 1-1 video sessions and a final assessment with Sue or another member of the Yoga 2 Hear team.
Topics covered during your training include: -
• The Benefits of Practicing Yoga During Pregnancy.
• A Recap of Yoga History and Philosophy.
• Physical and emotional changes that take place during pregnancy.
• The First Trimester – including development of the baby, changes happening to the mother’s body and safe postures to practise.
• The Second Trimester – including development of the baby, changes happening to the mother’s body and safe postures to practise.
• The Third Trimester – including development of the baby, changes happening to the mother’s body and safe postures to practise.
• Postures to avoid during pregnancy.
• The Pelvic Floor – what is the pelvic floor, how to exercise it and why it is important.
• The Chakras and pregnancy.
• Pranayama during pregnancy.
• Relaxation and meditation during pregnancy.
• Postnatal yoga practices.
• Class formats.
To complete your training and receive your certificate you will need to complete a written assessment (this can be delivered orally if preferred). You will also be required to format and teach an Antenatal Yoga Class to Yoga 2 Hear founder Sue Fuller or another member of the Yoga 2 Hear team via Zoom or another video conferencing service.
This course has been developed and created by Sue Fuller using her many years of research, learning and teaching experience. Sue and other members of the Yoga 2 Hear team are available to provide whatever support you need during your training with Yoga 2 Hear. You are encouraged to email any questions, request a tutorial, a live 1-1 session, or ask for advice whenever it is required.
Our Commitment to You.
Yoga 2 Hear are fully committed to helping all those who train with us become confident, knowledgeable and versatile yoga teachers. We value our reputation and yours. Together we can enhance the wellbeing of all those we teach and help maintain the true essence of yoga whilst it continues to evolve and flourish.